Located near Sierra City, CA, approx. 200 miles from the Bay Area, and 75 miles from Reno, NV, this spectacular, deeded mountainous property included two private, pristine alpine lakes, Young American Lake and Volcano Lake, and also includes lake frontage on the Upper and Lower Sardine Lakes. The property is mostly surrounded by Forest Service Land and is accessed by Forest Service roads. Enjoy great fishing, hiking, camping, and canoeing on your own Sierra compound. Exciting potential awaits for this exceptional property. This amazing, rare opportunity to own 877 acres of "The Sierra Buttes" can be yours.
- This 877.4 acre property is located in Sierra County about 8 miles from the town of Sierra City, CA and approximately 122 miles from Sacramento, CA or 75 miles from Reno, Nevada. It is only 45 miles from Truckee, CA.
- The 200 acre parcel has frontage on Upper and Lower Sardine Lake and surrounds most of Volcano Lake. There is a 4x4 forest service road that leads you to Volcano Lake. The lake sits at 6300 ft elevation and is surrounded by pine trees and spectacular views of the Sierra Buttes.
- The largest parcel of 580 acres has most of the Sierra Buttes. It starts at 6200 ft elevation and rises to over 8300 ft elevation. It is one of the most impressive mountain faces that you will encounter. The 42 acre and 55 acre pieces are pretty timber ground.
- Young American Lake is located in the middle of the parcel and sits at 7200 ft elevation.
- This beautiful property has been in the same family for over 66 years. Junius Harris bought this property from the Southern Pacific Railroad Company back in the 1940's. The railroad has owned the property since the 1800's and were looking at Yuba Pass as a route through the mountains. The railroad picked Donner Pass and Yuba Pass became expendable.
- The property is right in the middle of the Tahoe National Forest. It is a recreational wonderland. You can go hiking, mountain climbing, swimming, boating, hunting, gold mining, and of course great fly fishing.
- All four lakes are known for their Brook and Brown trout. It has been said that ”the water is so clear at noon that you can see the bottom of the lake. It is like fishing in an aquarium.”
- For the hunter, the property is in the D3 zone and they do have deer and bear. The D3 zone had over 1097 deer harvested with a buck to doe ratio of 32:100 and with an estimated population of 19,650.
- The property is located in the Scenic Corridor district and the county is currently updating their general plan. Due to this zoning and the ruggedness of the terrain, a large scale development would be a very difficult challenge. Building a family retreat has the best possibilities and any serious buyer should contact the Sierra County Planning district in Downieville and ask to speak with the Planner at 530-289-3251.
- Sierra County about 8 miles from the town of Sierra City, CA and approximately 122 miles from Sacramento, CA or 75 miles from Reno, Nevada.
- It is only 45 miles from Truckee, CA.
(Call Agent for Details)